Improving Management Scientifically
Specialized Conference Best Paper Proposal Announced
As announced during the Academy of Management’s 2019 Responsible Leadership in Rising Economies specialized conference welcome dinner and keynote speech, Stephen Zhang, Jing Yu (Gracy) Yang and Asghar Afshar Jahanshahi received the Best Conference Paper Proposal Award for their paper titled “Founder-CEOs’ Temporal Orientation and Firm Innovation Strategy: The Mediating Role of Firm Bribery in an Emerging Economy”. The Best Conference Paper Proposal Award recognizes select proposals submitted to an AOM specialized conference that represent high quality and relevance to the conference theme.
The Award Committee applied the following award criteria to select the award recipients:
- Proposal is relevant to the conference theme
- Proposal brings forth ideas that are original, important, and provocative
- Proposal topic clearly represents impact to either or both management research and to management practice
- Proposal is presented logically, succinctly, and clearly
The Award Committee included Anthony F. Buono (Chair), Bentley University; Søren Henning Jenson, Copenhagen Business School; Drikus Kriek, IEDC Bled School of Management; David Leonard Patient, Universidade Católica Portuguesa; and Danica Purg, IEDC Bled School of Management.
The Responsible Leadership in Rising Economies conference is taking place in Bled, Slovenia, 23-25 October 2019.
Learn more about the AOM Scholars and explore their work:
- Stephen Zhang, University of Sydney, University of Nottingham, Ningbo China
- Jing Yu (Gracy) Yang, University of Sydney
- Asghar Afshar Jahanshahi, CENTRUM Católica Graduate Business School